Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I'm back after long ass work shifts

           I got to admit, living in Albany has its ups and downs. Public transportation is free for students and many businesses here have student discounts that help in saving money. Rent is so much cheaper here than in the city, which, is a big lifesaver. However, being the born and raised Queens kid, it was hard to adjust to the closed hours of operations of many businesses here as well as the buses.
           I can no longer go on midnight runs for Chinese or pizza unless it was from Papa Johns or Domino's, and I had to keep track of the first and last running buses for the weekday and weekend. If I didn't, then I would be stuck somewhere and waste sleeping time walking home.
           Yet at the same time, living up here has given me a taste of what small city living is, and this has given me a dilemma of whether or not to live up here instead of the city.
           All in all, fuck this hard thinking and just enjoy what is happening at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment